Friday, August 7, 2015

San Juan Huts: Telluride to Moab Day 2

Last Dollar Hut to Spring Creek Hut

Yesterday was a three hour ride and today I covered 27 miles, with a drop of 2000 ft in elevation: 10,980 ft to 9200 ft, in 4.5 hrs.  I was now riding through ranch country, big and beautiful ranches, with one exception.



This picture is of the old ranch used in the filming of "True Grit" with John Wayne. I was a bit disappointed to be getting to the hut early again.  I still had too much energy and my ideal would have been to keep on riding rather than hanging out by myself (hut mates still had a few hours before they would arrive).  But the next day turned out to be a big one and was exactly what I needed to stoke me up for a few more days of riding.










No comments:

Post a Comment